Dear visitor, if you come to the Tulgheș commune, you may have a great time, spending it in a nice and useful way. You will find the hiking trails on the electronic map, indicated yet from entering the commune centre.
- The wood chapel „Sf. Petru și Pavel” of the Rezu Mare village, first mentioned in 1922.
- The lime kiln of Apostol Sabin, which was working in the 19th century, at the entrance from Borsec-Corbu, on the left.
- The water, saw and felt mills of Olar Gheorghe, Tulgheș, no. 50, first mentioned in 1975.
- The wooden church „Sf. Arhangheli Mihail și Gavriil”, Pârăul lui Marc, Tulgheș, no. 239, first mentioned in 1828. We celebrate the Ascension on the same date as the Heroes´ Day, like all Romanians do. The steeple´s roof has been fixed with the help of the community, in 1976. Over two decades ago, in 1989, 49 of the soldiers of the 28th Infantry Brigade, who have fallen in the line of duty in the battles waged in the area during the First World War, on Valea Jidanului, Covorea, Valea Putnei, Pietrele Roșii, Baret (initially buried on Higheș Mountain ), have been reburied with honours in the courtyard of this church, which is also a historical monument.
- Mineral water springs: the commune of Tulgheș has a number of 11 mineral water springs, from which we enumerate only a few: Marc´s spring, Pintic spring, Prisecani spring, Diacul spring, Cibeni spring and Huian spring.
- The „Pietrele Roșii” natural reserve, which includes a forest fund with a surface of 14 ha.
Pietrele Roșii Mountain has an altitude of 1215 m. and it is made of limestone. The reserve, through its endemic species, is of phyto-geographical importance, because of the discovery of Astragalus Romeri by Römer in 1891, species which is found on a very small area in our country; from the important plant elements we mention the following : Delphinium Simonkaniamum, Nieracium Pojoritense, Poa Rechmani and Silene Zawadazkii. Mammal species in the reserve: the common deer, the brown bear, the wild boar, the roebuck, the wolf, the chamois and the wild cat; birds: the mountain rooster and the grouse; reptiles: Vipera Berus, Lacetra Agilis and Lacetra Vivipera.
- The century-old oak tree is also worth remembering, a tree that reaches the age of 500 as the people of the commune testify, but the specialists say that by its size it may be older. It is found in the Poiana Nouă village, not far from the centre of the commune. Let us not forget that the most beautiful Christmas tree in Vatican has been taken from our mountains and a crucifix has been put in its place.
- Festivals: the „Roata Stelelor” Dance Festival, bearing the name of one of the traditional dances from our area and which has already reached its 9th edition by 2015.
The Shepherd´s Festival, which has reached its 7th edition, is organised by the care of ABA Tulgheș ( the Animal Breeders´ Association ) and it is held usually on the last Sunday of September or on the first Sunday of October.
The Carpathian Mountains´ Festival, which reached its 2nd edition since 2014.
- We celebrate the following patronages: on the 21st of May – St. Constantine and Helen in Hagota; on the 29th of June – St. Peter and Paul in Zezu Mare; on the 20th of July – St. Eli in Pintic; on the 15th of August – The Assumption of the Mother of our Lord in Tulgheș; on the 14th of October – St. Paraskevi in Valea Frumoasă; on the 26th of October – St. Dimitri in Poiana Veche; on the 8th of November – St. Archangels Michael and Gabriel in Pârâu lui Marc.
- We celebrate the day of our commune around the 15th of August, at the same time as the Saint patron of both the Orthodox and Roman-Catholic churches celebrating the Dormition of the Mother of our Lord;
- Annual fairs: there are the spring fair, which starts three days before St. George´s ( on the 23rd of April ) and the autumn fair, which starts three days before St. Dimitri´s ( on the 26th of October );
- The „Plaiuri Tulgheșene” ensemble makes sure that the moral and the cultural patrimony to be alive and visible.
We expect you in the Tulghes commune to meet our people who are very welcoming and you must absolutely know that the air here is, according to the specialists, the purest in the country.
For further details enter www.tulghes.ro